Garcinia Cambogia is developed from the tropical species called Garcinia gummi-gutta. The fruit has resembles a small pumpkin and is greenish – yellow in color. The extract from the plant has received a lot of attention because of its apparent effects on weight loss and its ability to suppress appetite in weight loos enthusiasts.
Research suggests that cambogia supplement limits fat storage and suppresses one’s appetite. In a study at Purdue University, it was shown that a 400mg dose of the supplement taken about 30 to 40 minutes before meals produced 3.7+/-3.1 kg in body weight reduction in about twelve weeks. This is about 8.1+/-6.8 pounds in reduction of weight.
Garcinia Cambogia Supplement Review
In 2012 the US tv personality Dr Oz promoted garcinia cambogia extract as having magical effects as a weight loss aid. While there have been some criticisms on the supplement, a lot of people have said that using it has helped them to lose weight. This is not the only benefits those who have used the extract have reported.
One user reported the following benefits after trying out cambogia supplement;
• She immediately felt calm after taking the supplement
• She had a decrease in appetite
• She did not feel a lot drop in blood sugar as she had previously experienced with other supplements that she had taken
• She reported having more energy to exercise
• She was not exhausted anymore after her daily activities
Some people have however argued that the supplement does not live up to its hype. Here are some of the criticisms that have been offered against the supplement;
1. Too expensive: Some of the products are being sold for more than 100 dollars per bottle which is really expensive for most people.
2. Side effects: Many Garcina cambogia often contain foreign stimulants or chemicals which can lead to unwanted side effects.
3. Potency: It’s very important for consumers to focus on the potency of their Garcinia Cambogia products. Look at the hydroxycitric acid (HCA) levels, if the supplement has less than 60% HCA levels then avoid it.
4. Check the ingredients; Many companies use unnecessary ingredients in their supplements such caffeine. Purity of the product is of utmost importance. Choose supplements that are pure as possible.
When buying Garcina Cambogia extract, make sure it contains about 60% Hydroxycitric acid, that it’s free of articial products such as caffeine and that the supplement is made in a certified lab in the US. This is because many of the cheaper supplements bottled in foreign countries sometimes are of compromised quality. All the best!